Thursday, December 3, 2015

Successful Show:

The "Art Lovers for Missions" show concluded November 30. I sold 48 paintings during the show, mostly small paintings. The important thing is all the proceeds are donated to the First Community Church Mission committee to award. This includes local food pantry, homeless shelters, as well as several overseas missions. The overwhelming response was very great full but also making new friends. It is also wonderful to know the people where the paintings will hang. Unlike galleries where you seldom met or even know who bought a painting. 
     The important thing I learned in talking to most of the people who bought paintings were the reasons they purchased what they did. The painting meant something to them. They saw something that connected with them. I did not talk to one person who said they just liked the colors, or it would fit in somewhere. It was always more meaningful to them. 
     I have been a plein-air painter for over 20 years. In the last few years because of two back surgeries I have limited my painting to the studio. Nearly 100 percent of the sold paintings were done in the studio from photographs. I have learned to recompose, change, crop, redraw or do something to improve upon the photo reference. Nobody cared if it was done outdoors. If they liked the painting they bought it. With out question I do better painting in the studio. 
 Below are a small sample to paintings that sold. I would appreciate any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment